Thursday, March 17, 2022

IT'S TIME

 For those of you steeped in mythology (or green beer), your time has come.

It is St. Patrick's Day!

Last night the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame defeated Rutgers in TWO OVERTIMES to make their way into the 64-team field who begin competition today in the annual NCAA Basketball Tournament.

It was truly March Madness so once again the Irish among you have something to celebrate.




As for the other mythology of the day, there's this:




Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sláinte!

8 comments:

  1. In England, St Patrick's Day is celebrated far more than St George's Day (St George being England's patron saint). I have always thought that that's rather odd. Mind you, there are people with Irish ancestry in just about every community in England. When we had telephone directories you could scan the surnames for proof of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd forgotten about this holiday. Not a big deal to me although one of my grandmothers was a Flanagan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St Patrick's Day!
    Just seeing the word Rutgers was a grand flashback. My older brother graduated from Rutgers back in the early 1970s. I haven't thought of that school in so many years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every major city in Ireland was founded by Vikings, so Skol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have that first one put on a coffee mug for my son :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. St. Patrick and the snakes cracks me up. 😊

    ReplyDelete