Sunday, May 15, 2022

THE HEAT IS ON

 


Our temperature topped 90 degrees yesterday.

It was the first such day of the year.

Today is forecast to be much the same before a low pressure trough from the West Coast drops highs back down into the 80's next week.

I see where Phoenix, 80 or so miles to the south of us, is facing a record high temperature for this date of 107 degrees.

I might remind you that the date is May 15th.

Ah, the Ides of May.

And we still are facing June, July, August and September.

What will summer bring except months of scorching heat and little or no rain.

But we who live in this torrid climate love the heat.

Don't we?

12 comments:

  1. I like it better than snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is 26˚C here which is also crazy for May 15. And there are those that don't believe in climate change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't like it much. 80s are my limit. A/C is not my favorite and I couldn't be outside for long in those temps. But I love visiting in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The heat is not welcome this early in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had rain and lightning today. More tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A rainy and overcast day here. This sort of reminds me of a little ditty that me and the other high school students that typically did the school plays used to say back in the day:
    Whether the weather be cold, whether the weather be hot, we'll be together whatever the weather, whether we like it or not.
    Wishing you a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sunshine, but heat like that not so much. I'm glad you love the heat, and that you're in the right place to get it there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is precisely why I choose to live along the Colorado River. . . .I can at least jump in the river when it gets into the 100+ degree season

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yuck! I wilt in the heat. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you must do, otherwise why live there? Or, like me, you can't afford or don't want to move somewhere cooler and wetter. I stay because all my kids are here in this city.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could not bear that, it's bad enough here. But then I'm a northerner to my marrow, to my soul.

    ReplyDelete