Monday, June 13, 2022

DOG DAYS?


 

From Wikipedia:

The dog days or dog days of summer are the hot, sultry days of summer. They were historically the period following the heliacal rising of the star system Sirius (known colloquially as the "Dog Star"), which Hellenistic astrology connected with heatdrought, sudden thunderstormslethargyfevermad dogs, and bad luck. They are now taken to be the hottest, most uncomfortable part of summer in the Northern Hemisphere.

Well, I guess the calendar tells us we're not there yet but it sure feels like it.

89 degrees here as I'm writing this and Phoenix hit a record 113 yesterday.

It's a great time to hover inside in a house with air conditioning and ice cubes in the refrigerator.

But, as the wise men say "This, too, shall pass."

BTW, the doggie in the picture belongs to The BRD.

8 comments:

  1. We're having record-setting heat in the Midwest. I can only hope it doesn't extend into the official Dog Days period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm here, a relative thing. 65 on the coast. 72 In San Luis Obispo, 82 in Paso Robles, 100 in Palm Springs. A little breeze, 19mph out of the North/West, coming on shore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that dog. We are to get hot weather on Thursday and then dropping again. I can't imagine 113˚F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice doggie! I hate the extreme heat but at least you have A/C. I'm sitting here with a sweatshirt on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "How much is that Doggie in the picture?" I love him, he's gorgeous and just what I need in my garden. Ah well, I'll settle for looking at him here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dog is cute but not particularly cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the 90s here this week. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete