Wednesday, July 27, 2022

COMIDA

 The Spanish word comida translates to food or meal or lunch or dinner or . . . .

Lots of things, it seems, but when we lived in Mexico and ever after we used/use it to mean the main meal of the day, more frequently eaten in our senior years in mid to late afternoon.

For example, tacos and/or tostadas.

This is a tostada for the ages.

 


From the bottom up then: a crispy tortilla, refried beans, ground beef with homemade taco seasoning, grated cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes, avocado and shredded lettuce.

That may be gilding the lily but I was assured that it tasted great.

If a bit messy. (Where's the hose???)

😄😄😄

10 comments:

  1. Wow! I would like to have seen that picked up and eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just eaten but that still makes me hungry. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be wearing most of that taco! I do love the variety that can be accomplished with tacos. Mine would have no meat and twice the cheese. Sour cream and salsa too. Yum, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is that pinkish layer right on the taco? it actually looks pretty awful to me, but I'm getting picky as I get older. And I hate avocado.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Comida = comestibles? The English language has grabbed words from Al directions!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete