Wednesday, January 18, 2023

DOCTOR VISITS

 This post is for those of you who may have added on some years.

In other words, you who have grown older

I have found that it seems thast the older I get the less healthy I become.

I can't decide if that's just a natural progression or an accumulation of illness brought about by the past sins I committed and challenges I foisted on my poor body.

But I know as I've aged it seems I have more and more doctors and more and more visits to keep up with.

When the people in my cardiology office tell me I've got 7 or 8 or 9 years until my Pacemaker's battery will run down and I'll need to have the device changed I think (and sometimes say) "Do you people know how old I am?"

What makes them think I'll live that long?

But I don't want to put you in a dark mood as the sun is finally shining in my town today.

So let me share something another one of my hard-working elves, Comical Carol, provided to me this morning.

It plays on ANOTHER problem with Modern Day (Witchcraft) Medicine.




Let's all keep on laughing!

15 comments:

  1. Isn't THAT the truth? I'm still waiting for PT that was referred in July! And don't even get me started on the Patient Portal? Sounds like a cruise ship . . . the one that went on the 3 hour tour and never came back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be endlessly funny if it were not SOOOOO true!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an appointment today with my physician's assistant. I don't see the doctor because she is usually booked up. Luckily, I really like the physician's assistant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. My numbers aren't the greatest these days and I have more unexplained aches and pains. The nurse at my last appointment asked me about birth control at my last appointment--must have been because of my dyed hair and mask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As first a 'provider', then as a 'consumer', I can relate. Medicine has changed so much in the past few decades I hardly recognise it anymore. And yeah, cardiologists are easily my least favorite of the sub-specialties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To live to 100, may I suggest that you sign up for Zumba classes Mr Taylor. I would like to see a photo of you wearing an elasticated towelling headband, a University of North Dakota vest and some tight satin running shorts (pink). The regular exercise will reduce the number of visits you are currently making to doctors' offices and surgeries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, you sound like one of my elves! I may have to recruit you.

      Delete
  7. That cartoon almost describes reality. On another note, insurance is pushing me to make a home visit to me, just to snoop I think. I don't need a home visit, this is something my insurance offers to all seniors, I think it is weird. They will give me $50 if I allow them. Now if they would make home visits when I need them, that would be great, but will never happen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aging bodies are such interesting things. I think doctors are still trying to figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And lo, those many years ago either you or Lou Palmer said you'd both live to 100 because of the alcohol consumption; A) Killing all diseases and bacteria, B) preserving the body and C) have such a good time you'd never leave. Of course this was said at one of those station confabs, where Riley and Palmer set the pace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a Palmer-ism though I would subscribe to the belief. Who'd want to leave such a great party?

      Delete
  10. I can laugh at the cartoon. right now I am going through a similar process. I might not live long enough to complete the form.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cartoon is funny. I have one doctor I see twice a year for prescription refills and one dentist. I think I'm doing okay for 70.

    ReplyDelete