Friday, January 20, 2023

THE FRIDAY FUNNIES

 Isn't this fun?

Just living through the week, counting the seconds, minutes, hours, days and nights until you can open up my blog and learn that IT'S FRIDAY AGAIN!!!

Well, it sure is for me.

Fun, that is.

As well as Friday.

I suppose I could begin each one of these weekly forays into funniness by just saying TGIF and launching the cartoons.

But that's not my way.

I like to amble aimlessly into the arcade of amusement.

Keeping you all in suspense for a bit

Before I say the magic words.

No, not "Shazam" or "Abracadabra" or "Presto".

No, the words "HIT IT!"






























Awwwww-right!

Now you're feelin' better, aren't ya'?

I'm off to the eye surgeon who's going to blast my right eye with the killer laser ray to repair (he says) a horseshoe-shaped tear in my retina.

I'll be seeing you (he said pluckily).

But whatever, have yourselves an absolutely extravagantly sensational weekend.

And always remember to keep laughing!

Here, kitty-kitty . . .

(aw, c'mon . . .)


16 comments:

  1. Alice Kramden? The internet says, "The Honeymooners." For me that's pre-television. (My father thought that television was a thing of Satan! Uh-Huh!). Loved the cat, but glad he's/she's there and not here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WONDERED why your post showed up so early today! Hope the surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A horseshoe-shaped tear in my retina"? Oh dear. Maybe it's best to keep away from the race track Bruce.

    The Alice Kramden reference meant nothing to me but I giggled at the amended coffee bar menu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many good ones today. Love Alice Kramden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so funny. We had such a good laugh. We also both shouted, "To the moon, Alice!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the laughs this morning. I especially liked the figuring out what to cook, everyday, for the rest of your life:) Hope your surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To the moon, Alice!!! Hope your eye surgery goes well, I’ve been through 4 the last couple of years, but not for a torn retina.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And the eyes have it! Good luck. I don't like people poking my eye.
    Loved the last 2 and how did that cat get posed like that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved them, but especially figuring out what to fix for dinner every day for the rest of my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A tear in your retina! Oh, dear! I have a wrinkle in my right one which may eventually require surgery. From the description of the procedure, I might decide to forgo it and take my chances. Love the wine one although I hate wine and would eat all the cheese and crackers. However, I winced about the band, especially since we're losing our music greats at a speedy clip these days. Like David Crosby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the surgery. I had three retinal tears years ago. I was glad they could fix them, but yuck!
    I'm old enough to get the Alice Kramden joke, and the cooking dinner and coffee jokes especially made me laugh. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope that the eye op has gone well. I loved the last cat one, but like Mr. Pudding I didn't get the Alice reference, and I am even older than him! Is it an American joke?

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all good but the first one made me laugh out loud. Great sign.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The coffee one was my favorite. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I'm thinking of taking up the habit because the older I get the less alert I feel.

    ReplyDelete