Sunday, February 12, 2023

GUEST POST

 Yup. She's back again.

I hereby turn the blog over to SWMBO.


Back in the late 80's we moved to Mexico.  

We loved most everything about our life there, but there were some exceptions.  

My love for a breakfast English muffin was thwarted by the absolute unavailability of them in the local stores.  

"Ingleesh que?"   

Also,  with chorizo  everywhere who needs American country sausage?  

I do, for my meatloaf!   

On a trip back to the States I whined to a close friend about these missing items on our table.  

She immediately dug through her old copies of Bon Appetit and rescued me with two recipes.  

One was for Country Sausage and the other was for English Muffin Bread!

Hundreds of loaves have been made from that recipe since that time, even after we moved back to the States.

Today, Super Bowl Sunday, there was no English Muffin Bread to be found and toasted for breakfast.  

Now, most men would have said something like, "So what.  Eat oatmeal."  

Not my guy.  

Before I knew what was happening the kitchen was buzzing....and the house smelled wonderful.  

It was too late for today's breakfast.....but beggars can't be choosers.

The big game has just started.....and tomorrow....and tomorrow......

8 comments:

  1. A story with a great third act and a cliff hanger! Tom in Cali

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWMBO has got you trained like a puppy dog! She sits in the lounge with a can of beer watching the Superbowl build up while you slave away in the kitchen, occasionally responding to her instructions with "Yes ma'am", "Of course ma'am" etc..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to have a husband who cooks/bakes? I'm with you on that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading this reminded me that I haven't had an English Muffin in years. Now I want one! I love that you guy knows how to bake such yummy things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love English muffins! They are great with cheese, tuna, peanut butter, etc. (not all together though)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure a good breakfast was had this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like English muffins, just as I don't like regular muffins, the ones that look like oversized cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete