Monday, April 17, 2023

AGEING UPDATE

 April and May and June are big birthday months in our family.

The BRD's birthday was nearly a week ago.

My son's birthday was yesterday.

My birthday is coming up in less than a week.

SWMBO's birthday is next month.

Our younger daughter's birthday is in June.

Gadfrey!

After all that, plus our wedding anniversary, it's little wonder that we are exhausted.

Not only that.

I heard from my son late last night, saying that he had not done much on his birthday yesterday.

Just entertained the grandchildren in the afternoon.

The GRAND-children!

That means our GREAT-grandchildren.

Talk about making a guy feel old!

So we went out to a Mexican restaurant this afternoon . . . Judy and I and Gayle . . . to celebrate multiple trips around the sun.

It was good, actually great.

The Margaritas were fine.

The food was wonderful and much of it came home with us.

So how did we look afterward?

With apologies to the BRD, whose picture I neglected to take . . . first SWMBO, whom I know you all want to see.




And then your faithful scribe.




So now you know.

Older, wiser, battered by wind and sea, but standing athwart the years.

Bring 'em on!

20 comments:

  1. Your second shot brings one thought to mind.

    The dude abides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine was talking about her great grandchild. That stopped me in my tracks. My oldest grandchild is 12, my youngest 8 months. Greatgrandchildren are a long way off. You look quite dangerous in your picture. Are you packing heat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you didn't have Christmas in the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to all and one! Judy looks great, and you look, well, "Get offa my porch!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Happy Birthday to all of you! Wishing you a great year of good health and fun adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday wishes to all. Judy looks lovely. I’ll just leave it there. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to the family of April birthdays. Enjoy your trip around the sun days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you available to play Scrooge in our Christmas Carol production this year?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talk about getting them all over and done with!!
    Enjoy the celebrations 🎂🎉😎

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking great! We have a number of May and June birthdays too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking fierce! Congrats on all the birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thecontemplativecat here. Google and Blospot are messing with me. December is our month for birthdays, weddings, and anniversaries.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy looks beautiful. You’re pretty cute too. Happy Birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday. I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Older, wiser, battered by wind and sea, but standing athwart the years." Hurray for that, hurray for you!
    --Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lift your chin and smile as SWMBO has done, you'll look and feel better.

    ReplyDelete