Thursday, December 14, 2023

CHRISTMAS - SECONDA PARTE

Dreams are the strangest things, don't you think?

For some reason when I woke this morning I realized I had been dreaming about an international Zoom call between a friend of mine and her son in some foreign land.

But before she could even say "Hello", he joyfully blasted music out through the ether to her.

But the r-e-a-l-l-y strange part of this dream was that the music was "Papa Loves Mambo"!

That's a song I haven't heard or thought of in years and I had to Google it to find the most popular version of it was recorded by Perry Como in 1954!

Now try to explain that because I sure can't.

And if I started the earworm for you just understand that I've had it going through my head for hours.

So, you're welcome.

And now let's continue our countdown to Christmas.


11 comments:

  1. I was expecting a little video/audio clip of Perry Como. What is Mambo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The subconscious mind is amazing--the memories it holds and how it weaves itself into our dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hear Perry Como in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love Perry Como, he was so relaxed and low-key.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perry Como...my gosh. That is a blast from the past! Papa loves mambo? I have no idea. That is a bit...Um...oddball...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family loved Perry Como! "Catch a falling star" was one of our favorites! You had me going through the Perry Como YouTube videos! Thanks for reminding me about him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. But wait! There's myrrh!

    Thank you for the kind remark about my book. A pleasant visit today. Now I'm off to YouTube to hear that song lol Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perry Como. Had not thought of him in years. My parents loved his singing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "but wait, there's myrrh" That's a good one :) and now I have to visit youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of that song, and I'll avoid the ear worm.

    ReplyDelete