Sunday, April 28, 2024

CAKE! er, PIE! er, MUFFINS! (whatever)

 My extremely talented wife, Judith (Judy) Taylor aka She Who Must Be Obeyed, is a good teller of tales.

Now by that I do NOT mean to imply that she's a liar.

She's just a good writer.

But she's modest to a fault.

She was a bit gobsmacked by all the kind comments on her story yesterday about putting her mother in a retirement center.

I kept praising her as comment after comment came in and she scoffed, "They're just trying to kiss up to you."

I reminded her that she's the only one of us who has written a novel.

It's unpublished but still!

Then she got a telephone call from a very dear friend in Seattle, who told her how much she appreciated her essay.

They talked about my blog and how about every three weeks I say, "I don't know, I think I'll end it, I don't have anything more to say."

Our friend said, "No, no, just tell him how much I enjoy reading it."

Judy said that she had told me I should stop blogging about food so much.

Our friend responded that anyone who cooks the kind of food we do should be proud of it and keep blogging about it.

So . . . . the other day SWMBO tried a recipe she found in a drawer for Banana Pecan Muffins.

The only problem was it made way more batter than the dozen muffins the recipe called for.

And we didn't have another muffin tin.

So she put the extra batter in a pie plate and baked it that way.

Some cream cheese frosting topped it off and here it is.


The photographer (NOT Judy) didn't do a very good job.

But the cake or pie or whatever is delicious!

And the blog lives on.

(Thanks, Seattle Lori, for the stimulus.)

12 comments:

  1. and cream cheese frosting makes everything even better! Man, you eat well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read Judy's piece yesterday I kept thinking that she is a very good writer. So Now I find out that she has written a major piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let the record show that I have never, ever, kissed up to you. What you read is what you get. Sometimes I go out of my way to be a smart-rumpus. Your muffin pie looks tasty. I never mind feasting with my eyes on your culinary efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks good, I would love to try it. The main thing is the blog lives on! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks delicious!! I LOVE cream cheese frosting, though I've never made it myself and really should learn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That looks yummy! I never would have thought of that! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That muffin pie looks so delicious. You and Judy are such wonderful writers and bakers! (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awful problem to have: too much muffin batter. Let me help you out. Got a fork?

    I am a problem solver.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks better than muffins! About writing: kudos to Judith for completing a novel. I have started 3, and each time, by the time I get to chapter 8 or so, I find myself bored with the whole thing. So I stick to poetry and the occasional short story. And blogging.

    ReplyDelete