Monday, May 13, 2024

ANOTHER DAY . . . ANOTHER YEAR

As I reminded you Friday, yesterday was my lovely wife's birthday.

I had asked her where she wanted to go out for dinner.

She replied that no one, no one in their right mind anyway, goes out to an overcrowded restaurant to eat on Mothers' Day, which coincidentally fell on the same day as her birthday this year.

So then I asked her what she would like me to prepare at home for her dining pleasure.

She responded quickly that she would like the Jacques Pepin recipe I had done fairly recently for Sriracha Baked Chicken Breast and a loaded baked potato.

So that's what I did and what we had.




Sorry for the messy plate but that's what happens when you load up a potato with margarine, salt and pepper, sour cream and chives and top it with crumbled bacon.

Here, then, is the only allowed photograph of the honoree about to dig in.



Yes, I know.

She's a little camera-shy these days.

Oh and of course there was a birthday cake.

This year my very rich Flourless Chocolate confection, topped with the requisite "sprinkles".




Always mindful of fire hazards, we left the candles off.

12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Judy! I have not read your Friday post yet, kinda behind with all the weekend visitors. The meal looks perfect. You are quite the cook, Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like quite a gourmet meal. And the cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your blushing bride! That dinner looks fabulous, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Judy. Hope you enjoyed the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Judy... lovely to have a man who bakes and makes good food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to SWMBO! I'll take the chicken and potato over the cake any day. Though all look delicious. I definitely agree on her decision to avoid the crowds on such a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are ever mindful of fire hazards. 😊 You are a great husband, and I hope Judy had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gourmet meal at home--nothing better! Looks like a delightful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to Judy. I gave up candles out of consideration for global warming. I like to do my part.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! I LOVE baked potatoes with sour cream, but weirdly, I like pineapple on them too with grated cheese on top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am reaching point in life, where the candles are enough to bake the cake.

    ReplyDelete