Tuesday, June 4, 2024

PROGRESS

 The artwork is continuing on a relaxed pace in our backyard as Judy adds to her fence mural.

Our blogger friend down in Adelaide, Australia, who goes by the name of River was delighted at the "teeny, tiny trees" in my last post on the mural.

Well, they have been joined by some much larger trees in the closer view that are designed to show some perspective.




The lead artist creating this work says that darker blue is a lake.

I think it looks more like an ocean view but the mural is far from finished so we'll see in time.




The completed mural will have, in time, a 3-dimensional appearance.

I'll show you what I mean.




Those hot-air balloons she created yesterday are painted on balsa wood and when they're done they'll be glued to the fence.

The hacksaw, by the way, turned out to be a bad idea so Xacto knives were used to cut the balloon shapes out of the wood.

The BAD, who was here yesterday for a planning session, took the other pieces of wood home with her for she has a jeweler's saw that will probably work.

Between the two of them, these artists probably have all the tools, paint and brushes they need to turn part of an old fence into a beautiful work of art.

And all I have to do, in SWMBO's words, is "stay outta the way!"

20 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for you to get back to the fence! Love seeing the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good progress..and teamwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of things to consider for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks outstanding. Please give Judy my accolades.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 👍😊
    ---Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This fence project is already looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to see the progress! I like those trees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could Yogi and Boo-Boo be added to the fence? Maybe Huckleberry Hound too. Then it would look sooooo cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did see the previous fence post in passing. BC you are still on my list, I do see some things when I am passing by. Anyway, it is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great so far and will be super when the balloons are added.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Somebody had to have this whole scene in their head. And then it had to come alive on the fence. It's an interesting project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is gorgeous! It's turning out so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to future updates. It's so nice to have a project to work on. SWMBO is quite an artist. I suppose that's where the BAD got her talents.

    ReplyDelete

  15. Don't forget to add a couple of lawn chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The larger trees show off the perspective really well. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best to stand clear when art is being created.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those type of projects - that somebody else does and I can enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sounds like the best role to have! It will look great when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun, can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete