Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Changing of the guard

Last November I posted a report on changes coming for Roberts Marketplace in Prescott Valley.

The familiar little red and white building would disappear to make was for a new, much fancier Roberts Marketplace.





Monday was the day and by the time I visited on Tuesday, there was nothing left but rubble being loaded up and hauled away.


I think you're going to like the new store. It is much bigger, roomy and has several new touches.
There will be a Postal station to serve customer's needs.
And supposedly a pizza restaurant in a front corner.
From what I've seen so far, I can tell owner Robert Hamill: job well done!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice place. Good to see things picking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a regular in that neck of the woods, but I must say that old place was due for an update. Cramped would be an understatement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very nice & spacious now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traveled - Thanks for stopping by. Yes, it's a great improvement for the neighborhood.

    Tombo - Absolutely right. I've been in the old place many times when it was so crowded one could barely move around.

    Meggie - The new store is a great improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like a good operation. Do you think they will be able to hang in there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve, Hamill operated the small store for 18 years and the new one, along with an office building he built across the street, both look very nice. But time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I a sure the new improvements a really welcome....but I think it is sad that the little red store front is gone. It was so cute. We don't see that often here at all, if ever anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It may have been cute on the outside but it was a tiny disaster inside.

    ReplyDelete