Wednesday, May 5, 2010

5 de mayo

As one of the alleged 30 percent of Arizonans who thinks the state's proposed law banning illegal immigrants (in spite of the fact that the Anglos stole the land from them in the first place) should NOT become a state law, I'd just like to wish all of you on one side or the other a most happy Cinco de Mayo!

When I realized the date, I hied myself to a restaurant currently called "Puerto Vallarta" for a Mexican lunch and a bottle of Dos Equis Amber. The BRD and SWMBO, by the way, were lunching at a Thai restaurant. No respect, I say.

Viva Mexico!

8 comments:

  1. It's just beyond your left elbow. Salud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a pity your significant others chose thai...they missed out on some great mexican food AND your company ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Bernie.

    Absolutely, Sheri!

    Tim - test worked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you really want to show your support for Cinco de Mayo, have lunch in Mexico. Or for the folks in Thailand, try a meal there. Just kidding. Both places are not safe to visit. My wife and I recently came back from the Bahamas, via Majorca for two nights, thanks to the volcano. You never know what will occur on a trip. Probably better to visit a local establishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? You were in the Bahamas and you didn't stop by Arizona to visit? Sheeeshh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cat, I'm afraid that flights were a little screwed up when we departed. We thought about heading to Arizona, but...

    ReplyDelete