Wednesday, October 5, 2011

BREAKING NEWS

I have decided, after much consideration of the ins and outs, that I shall not, this year, seek the presidency of the United States.  I'm sure you're all disappointed but, as New Jersey Governor Chris Christy said yesterday, "now is not my time."

I think you should know that I have put in virtually no thought to running for president.  I have not discussed it with my wife or children or her children or my grandchildren or her grandchildren.  Neither have I mentioned it to my brother or his children (my nieces and nephews) or any of their children.

None of my friends have been consulted about this great decision.  I don't have a pastor but if I did I can assure you that he would not have been consulted either.

Nor would my psychiatrist, if I had one.  Nor any of my doctors, of which I have too many.

No, this has been totally my decision, reached after I stopped laughing when I just read that Sarah Palin has decided that she won't run for president in 2012 either.

Needless to say, I am still happy to accept any monetary donations that my friends, families and followers would care to send me.

Gosh darn it, this is shaping up to be quite a politicial season, isn't it?

8 comments:

  1. Darn. I was looking forward to seeing you skewered on Saturday Night Live a la Sarah Palin. "I can see Vegas from my house!" ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandchildren would definitely vote for you. Taylor in 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the bank accout number and pin for donations. Just asking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart enough to duck the whole idea...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL at Lowandslow - that was a good one.

    As usual, you are a nut. Must be giddy from the Dbacks win last night :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scott - Those people just aren't fair!

    LittleRuss - Hey! A grandchild speaks up! Thank you!

    Steve - That made me think of a refrain from an old song - "Just send my mail . . . to the Tijuana jail."

    Fijufic - Isn't it nice to know that SOMEONE is?

    Dana - One more W and we can move on! Maybe Kirk Gibson should run for prexy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am relieved. You don't need that kind of stress, messing up your leisure time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Meggie, I appreciate your concern.

    ReplyDelete