Sunday, August 17, 2014

SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING

SWMBO bought a large bag of limes recently and I had been badgering her about making a Key Lime Pie.  She said she'd been thinking about it.  This went on for a couple of days.  Then yesterday she came into my den and sat down at my computer.  I asked what she was going to do and she said she had found a recipe on the Interwebs for Key Lime Pie and it was so simple that I COULD MAKE IT!

Well now.  A challenge like that can't be ignored.  She said it only had three ingredients, she'd bought a ready-made graham cracker crust and she'd even juice the limes for me.

(Actually she didn't get around to that so I had to do it but that's okay.)

So, here's a picture of Emeril Lagasse's Key Lime Pie (as prepared by me.)


Taste?  To die for.  Thanks, Emeril.

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Now, Sunday morning.

You  know how cats love sunshine, no matter how warm it is?  Judy came into the living room this morning and found Blackwell in the only square of sunshine in the room.  And, he seemed to say, "I'm not sharing!"


By the way, my new header picture could be Blackwell but it's not.

8 comments:

  1. Man, that pie looks good, nice goin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Key Lime is a favorite of Mrs. C and myself! That one looks good. THe graham cracked crust is a must.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE Key Lime pie. I need to spread some not-so-subtle hints around mi casa. And if push comes to shove, I'll give it a try myself. (You're a bad influence, you know that? :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked up Emeril Lagasses' recipe and it had a lot more than three ingredients. There was another recipe at the same site called Kristi's that used a store bought crust and few ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give that cat some pie. Then you'll get your square of sunshine back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lemon pie is one of the few things I can make. I take a can of frozen lemonade and mix it into a tub of Cool Whip, and then I dump it into a pre-made pie crust and put in fridge. Easy peasy. You pie looks great and I bet it tastes grewat too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emeril's recipies are ones of my favorites. Just looking at him makes me smile and happy...
    Too bad I can't taste your own pie!

    ReplyDelete