Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I CAN'T IKEA

I've never been inside an IKEA store, the Swedish furniture giant. But when we lived in Phoenix my wife and her daughter made a visit to the big store fairly near where we lived. SWMBO said it was the most confusing place she had ever gone to shop and she had to ask an employee how to find her way out of the place.  I suppose it's good marketing, thinking that people will spot other stuff they just have to have while they're working their way through the maze.  But I know the two gals never made a second visit.  Herewith, then, is a diagram of the typical IKEA store.


Talk about rats in a maze.

On a gentler note, here's a place beloved by the thousands of children who have been dragged through one of those many arts and crafts fairs on "The Square" in Prescott on a hot summer day.


The fence that surrounds the fountain keeps youngsters and dogs out but it's low enough to allow arms to reach in and touch the water.  A blessing in Arizona.

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun maze. If one had a motorized cart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never ad a reason to shop there, now I have reason to avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing I hate most about IKEA isn't the maze, but having to assemble whatever you buy. I always have half a dozen parts left over. I live in terror of earthquakes and this IKEA junk falling apart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goggle "IKEA jokes" for a good time. Joke: IKEA public restrooms comes with instructions on how to build a toliet stall. Joke: IKEA no-tool furniture can be assembled in 5 minutes and has a no fight with spouse guarantee. Joke: IKEA instructions on how to build a baby crib only require one screw. There are many more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am an IKEA virgin. I like Swedish design, but do not "ready to assemble" unless its food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually like IKEA and have no problem finding my way through there. True, you have to assemble a lot of stuff but depending on what you need, it works out pretty well. Just was there a few weeks ago and picked up 6 wineglasses for $4. Can't do much better than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you assemble a wine glass?

      Delete
    2. LOL. IKEA is full of good stuff that doesn't need to be assembled. We have many kitchen items from IKEA.

      Delete
  7. Very well found for Ikea! If you make it through one you make it through all of them throughout the planet: It's the same floor plan everywhere! We have a pretty nice desk I use everyday, bought in 1981 or was it 82 in Germany, we moved it from house to house and it still looks like new. It's a love/hate story with Ikea for many.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get lost in Ikea. But sadly I get lost everywhere.

    ReplyDelete