Sunday, April 26, 2015

FRIENDSHIP

Well, it's over.

My 75th birthday party, that is.

I had virtually demanded that my four longest and best friends come to my home to help me celebrate it.

And they did!

Along with their soul mates.

Tom and Lana flew over from Cambria, California.

Tim and Jeanne flew in from Denver, Colorado.

Steve and Debbie drove up from Phoenix.

The BRD (Gayle) and Beau Jack came over from Prescott.

Friday night . . . we partied! Saturday the long distance out-of-towners and I did the tourist route, visiting Jerome, Cottonwood, Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon. After which we gathered at our home once again for more drinks and food and great conversation.

So here, from the weekend are some photos of the group.



Tim, a television vice-president and world traveler, from Denver


Jeanne, his wife and a legend in our time


Tom, an Indianapolis radio-t.v. impresario, now retired
and blogging in California


Lana, his wife, a beautiful multi-talented artist and bread baker


From Phoenix, my t.v. and baseball buddy Steve, 
his former flight attendant wife Debbie
 and from Prescott the BRD (who, aptly, looked beautiful)


And the Beau Jack, probably trying to sell Tim a house!

What is surviving to 75 (and beyond?) worth if one doesn't have good friends? I can't answer that because of this small group of warriors who have remained my good friends for decades. 

Tim said he was honored to be invited but I was truly the one honored by the presence of these great folks.

It was a grand party, nearly enough to make one break out in song.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great party and a great gathering for a great guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being 75 and having friends who will travel to enjoy it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not impressed that you have that many friends (well, yes I actually am) but that they are all still alive! Hahaha! 75 is the new 65, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a deservedly good time was had by all. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting bunch of friends you have. And just FYI, you have a lot of admiring online friends, too. :) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing is better than Friendship! Friends are forever even if we are miles and miles apart and only for this it feels real good. You have talented friends.
    I can see that you survived your Birthday Day that's a good sign for future celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! It sounds to me like you celebrated in style, good friends, good food, good wine and good scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you got to have a party!

    ReplyDelete