Saturday, September 19, 2015

UP, UP AND AWAY

Here's a great song from the past that is perfect for today's post.




Today, you see was the day for Prescott Valley's annual hot air balloon fest.


It was a perfect day with a beautiful clear blue sky as the balloonists began readying their crafts.






A large fan is used to begin inflating the fabric globe.




Flames from a burner in the basket complete the job.








One of the crewmen told me he'd heard there were 24 balloons this year.


And then it was time to fly.


What a great day for a balloon ride.


6 comments:

  1. This may be why the cattle round up happened yesterday. Good videos. I saw 2 of them over Stoneridge when I was coming back from the dog walk around 7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot of ballooning believe it or not in western New Jersey. I have almost had a few car accidents watching them. Mrs. C wants to get a ride someday. Not me, fire and fabric at any altitude scares the crap out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been fascinated with balloons ever since I was a kid, probably because of movies like "Around the World in Eighty Days" and "Mysterious Island." I had an opportunity to go up in a hot-air balloon a few years ago and it was a wonderful experience. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color and nice shots. It does not appear you went aloft. You should sometime, it is a wonderful experience. My mother went to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta and went up a couple of years after she retired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them! And I love that song - one of my favorites of theirs.

    ReplyDelete