Tuesday, December 13, 2016

A LITTLE CHRISTMAS

Christmas came to the Catalyst's house yesterday, Gentle Readers.

SWMBO put up her holiday display.


The tricycle and the wagon and the toys and the trees and the snow are all in place.

'Course when you have an inquisitive cat around the house you have to go miniature size and forego the big tree with all those tempting lights and ornaments.


Santa, or as I prefer to call him Saint Nicholas, dominates the scene.

A bit later I grew ambitious and set up the Las Vegas-style Christmas lighting extravaganza out on and around the front porch.

Brace yourselves and protect your eyes, Gentle Readers, as I unveil my handiwork.


It's only a string of clear lights connected to a string of multi-colored lights, connected to a stray string of chili lights.

But, hey!

It's all about the Christmas spirit, isn't it?

Speaking of which, one time many years ago we visited SWMBO's parents at their retirement home in Florida.

On Christmas morning, her father quietly said "Come outside with me."

I followed him out and met his neighbor from across the street who slyly asked "How about a little Christmas?" as he led us to his garage.

There, at probably 9 o'clock in the morning, he produced a bottle of whiskey and some glasses and poured us all a toast to the new day.

He had lots of neighbors and he was a gregarious guy.

I think he toasted Christmas quite a bit that day.

10 comments:

  1. You had me with the miniature display, thought it was full sie and quite extravagant.

    9 am is a little too early, but hey, I guess if it's Christmas, and you have to be polite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And cheers to you. It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More than enough for a festive Christmas, Bruce. Merry Christmas to you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a man (and better half) that have taken a stand, and I admire you.
    Merry Christmas you two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have more Christmas lights up than I have. I can see that you haven't lost your holiday spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the cats in the hats were enough, but this display has increased my Christmas spirit exponentially!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Christmas setting Bruce, no tree this year at home except for a table one. I don't understand how kids still believe in Santa Claus: I saw four of them in the same display at the beginning of the week downtown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You folks do get into the Xmas spirit for sure. At first I thought the trike and wagon were real! Those things remind me of my childhood also. Are you trying for a fit of nostalgia, 'cuz you started on in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, so your cat would prefer to be a tree climbing, ornament destroying feline?

    ReplyDelete