Monday, August 21, 2017

IT'S OVER!

I am very pleased to report that my pacemaker/defibrillator replacement went well today.

It began at 12:35 and I was out well before 3 p.m. and home by 4 p.m.

It is amazing to me to see the differences in the procedure.

And I am especially grateful to my surgeon, Dr. George Rizk and the team that assisted him.

There's just one problem.

He said this device is good for 7 to 10 years and I'm not sure I can live that long.


Also, I am very happy to hear that DanaBug had her hip surgery today and it went well and the results look good.

Oh, and I hear there was an eclipse.

14 comments:

  1. It's my sincere hope that you live far beyond 7 or ten years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good. It was the battery/defib they replaced,not the catheter, right? Glad it went well, it should be pretty routine by now. Glad it went well.
    Yeah, we had like a 97 percent eclipse, no real dimming of light to notice, but big drop in temp, nearly twenty degrees.
    Cheers,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Bruce. Now don't check out on us before you get your money's worth on that little contraption. Rest well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eclipse? Behind the huge clouds and rain? You didn't miss a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't want to bug you, so we are happy to read your report. That's excellent. Had we not already had our dinner and wine, we would toast you. Instead we'll tap pear slices as we enjoy some great Bartletts this evening.
    Congrats old boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that everything went well! If you ever forget the date you got your replacement, you can always Google the date of the eclipse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you, Bruce.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear about your positive results. Have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! A long and happy life - to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am reading the blogs backwards I shouldn't...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad it went well! And now, on day four after my surgery I feel practically perky (well, until I try to stand up).

    ReplyDelete