Tuesday, August 22, 2017

WOW!

Although I certainly didn't think so yesterday it appears my little visit with the heart surgeon took more than I thought out of me.

(That's sort of a play on words . . . I'm only talking about energy.)

I came home and took a nap that lasted about an hour and a half, then went to bed again at 7:30 last night and didn't get up until 7 this morning.

And I've had a mid-morning snooze, as well.

Now that I've had a little lunch I think I'm about ready for another nap.

It's probably due to all the "dope" they shot into me yesterday.

Valium, lipoderm to ease the pain of the I.V. shot, then who knows what during my actual procedure, one dose of which put me totally to sleep because once the pacemaker was installed they activate it to shock me to make sure it works and I have no memory of that.


 
(the evidence)

So, I guess I'm just sleeping off all the "silly juice" they used on me.

I'll talk to you later cuz right now . . .zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

14 comments:

  1. Is that a Luck O' the Irish Shamrock patch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get some good rest.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only times I've slept that long as an adult have been when medication's been a factor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's your pulse rate? If it's under what the pacemaker has be set at, call your doc, asap. I assume it's programmed to increase with activity....check and see that it's working as it should, particularly at rest/sleep.
    Let me know, please.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still in awe of what modern science / medicine can do! I wonder who the guy was who first thought, "I think I'll stick a couple of wires in your heart, then hook 'em up to a battery and see what happens." Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup. Rest, heal. Cold packs are helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used one yesterday afternoon but since then I've had no pain at all, hence no reason for cold packs of Tylenol, both of which the doc recommended for pain.

      Delete
  7. Maybe you're just catching up on sleep, now that the ordeal is over with. I know I would have been restless in the days leading up to such a procedure.

    Thanks for providing "the evidence." My son always says, "Pics or it didn't happen!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad this is over for you. Enjoy that "silly juice" while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and the cats can nap together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you're doing so well -- snoozing here and there is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Catching up on sleep is always benefitial. Glad everything is back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I slept for most of the day Monday - Wednesday. I think my anesthesia finally wore off because today I'm much more awake.

    ReplyDelete