Wednesday, October 25, 2017

LEMONS! CAKE!


SWMBO made a cake from a new recipe we just found recently.

It's a fragrant Lemon-Spice Visiting Cake, courtesy of Dorie Greenspan in the New York Times.

It uses ground cardamom, ground ginger and lemons, among other things.

The baker didn't have any ground cardamom but she did have some whole that she ground up with a mortar and pestle.

In the end she said I hope we don't like this because it's a pain in the rear to make.

We loved it.

Maybe I'll have to buy some ground cardamom.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks delicious. You are actually taking photos of food BEFORE you eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how my mother made it, but periodically she'd bake one of those. More often she'd make banana bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use the mortar and pestal. It'll put you in touch with your inner ancestor. Or just buy the cardamon. A kitchen wiz with SWMBO's talent should have all the tools.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm...I'll take a piece from the end, where the edge is kind of crispy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good for the joins, I don't mention the sugar...

    ReplyDelete