Monday, October 9, 2017

TRU (SILLINESS)


Yes, I know, it's silly.

So let me explain.

SWMBO, the BRD and I were enjoying a Sunday brunch at the historic old Hassayampa Inn in Prescott yesterday.

The BRD has been having some eye surgery and was wearing these mah-velous pink sunglasses.

Now I'm a sucker for colorful eyewear so at one time she had taken them off and laid them on the table.

I immediately grabbed them and tried them on.

Ooooohh, talk about seeing the world through rose-colored glasses!

The BRD said "Andy Warhol!"

I responded with "No, it's Truman Capote!"

SWMBO prompted the BRD to take a photo and I put on what I considered my imitation of an aging Tru, as he was known to his friends.

As I said at the beginning, it is silly.

But we can be a silly family.

How was YOUR weekend?

13 comments:

  1. Oh, to be a silly family! Yes, Capote for sure. Matches the shirt. I thought that upholstery looked familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Love those. Maybe you should get a pair for your own self :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eating turkey dinners all weekend since it is our Thanksgiving today! Lots of pumpkin pie too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those glasses actually look good on you! IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL -- I got the "Tru" reference right away, with those glam shades! I don't think Tru ever had facial hair, though, did he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe so but I'll only go so far for a role.

      Delete
  6. I would have thought Hunter S. Thompson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'd need to have long cigarette holder and be balder....

      Delete
  7. I didn't even notice until I read down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love silly things so I think this is great. Beside, you do look a bit like Truman Capote in that pose!

    ReplyDelete