Wednesday, January 10, 2018

WINTER IN ARIZONA

Wintry weather has finally made an appearance here in the Central Highlands of Arizona overnight.

When I arose this morning and peered with dread out the window, I saw that the worst of my nightmares had come true.

There was snow on the ground.


It coated the fence between ours and our neighbor's properties.


And when I went out to the front my fears were confirmed once again as I saw the shrubs along my driveway were covered in the white stuff.


So okay, it's not like a blizzard came through.

And now at 11 a.m. the temperature has risen to 43, headed for a high today of around 50 degrees and the middle 60's by the weekend so most of the traces of Old Man Winter's wrath are already gone.

And you know what?

That's just fine with me, a native North Dakotan who lived through too many winters up where it really snows.

And stays.

22 comments:

  1. Did you have that "snirt" winter back in the late 50's in Stanley. We "snirt" blizzards all that winter in GF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bundle up, if needed burn your kitchen chairs for heat, trap the birds near the feeder for emergency food, etc. Hope you survive........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow Day! Time to stay indoors and bundle up, light a fire and gather all the domesticated animals near as the drip drip drip of melting snow rattles at the window, and the puddling of the drifts howls at the door, be thankful that Winter only last about 5 seconds in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not what I expected to see from your area! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh... you hail from North Dakota! Now I can appreciate why you decided to emigrate to Arizona. I hope you made it through the huge Arizona snowdrift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since we will be in Tucson in 3 weeks, I hope that we will NOT see any more of that white stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very unlikely in Tucson, Kate. Forecast high in the upper 70's there this weekend.

      Delete
  7. Here in Dallas that would be enough to shut down the city and call out the National Guard. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think you need to start whittling a pair of snowshoes just yet...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck Bruce, I hope you have shovels, good gloves and hot drinks when you go back inside! Hard to believe...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I had no idea you got some snow from this storm. I guess that makes sense since it was a wet storm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's about as much snow as I want to see these days - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the headstand snowman!
    Not a single gram of snow here...

    ReplyDelete