Thursday, January 11, 2018

ThrowBackThursday

A blast from the (distant) past.


Dewey Hopper, Roger Ball, Bruce Taylor, Jerry Foster, Carol Lynde, Diane Kalas

The occasion was a retirement party for Mr. Ball and it really wasn't the distant past.

It was May 12, 2012 . . . only about 6 years ago.

But the people pictured go back a lot further than that.

They all spent time at Channel 12 . . . KPNX-TV and prior to that KTAR-TV in Phoenix, Arizona.

But I left in 1985 and I think only Foster was still there at that time.

So these are truly some old veterans of the television wars.

5 comments:

  1. Why don't you all get together and do a Geriatric Channel with great production values.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet there were some interesting stories to reminisce about at that get-together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess you were (are) the old guard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Just have to chuckle. I have stories about every one in this picture which I use, generally to great hilarity, when I tell today's youngsters about the good ol' days. Like the time Bruce Taylor.. or when Dewey Hopper.. or that stuff Diane Kalas used to.. or you wouldn't believe Roger Ball did.. I'll leave the rest up to you. I'm sure I'll get the same treatment when I retire.. if or when that happens. Great pic BTW. It brought back great memories.

    ReplyDelete