Tuesday, March 27, 2018

SLEEPY FACE

There may be some of you Gentle Readers who say from time to time, "Why are there so frequently pictures of Blackwell on this blog?"

And you would be correct, I suppose.

So on this Terrific Tuesday, I give you his companion.


Her name is Muggles, which has nothing to do with creatures from those Harry Potter novels.

I came up with that name randomly after seeing the distinctive M on her forehead.

I have since learned that all tabbies have that characteristic.

Whereas Blackwell has intuited that he is my cat (or more correctly that I am his human), Muggles clings to my wife, spending many hours on her bed sleeping the day away.

She has a strange habit when she goes for a drink of water of reaching out and moving the heavy dish, making a creaking noise on the tile floor.

She is also very nervous and will flee to the bedroom if either of us approaches her while she is eating or drinking.

Blackwell stalks her on some of her trips and then chases her.

SWMBO scolds him but I tell her that he just wants to play.

Whichever it is, Muggles is soon back on the bed and snoozing off.

So ends today's entry in the Catalyst's Cat Diaries.

7 comments:

  1. Well, howdy Muggles. Very nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muggles appears to have mastered that classic "teacher look." The one that puts an end to nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a male tabby that looked just like her. He was with us for over 18 years and it was always a fun time to see what he would be up to next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how pets sometimes identify more with one household human than another. I never knew that thing about the M on the forehead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dylan is Moby's human. I am Eleanor's.

    Humans did not get a vote.

    Cats still love both of us, but it's a matter of primacy.

    ReplyDelete