Thursday, April 12, 2018

THE BIRDS

The Weather Gods say today is going to be very windy here, with gusts up to and over 50 miles per hour.

Maybe that's why the birds have been visiting our birdbath in droves this morning.

I have observed a robin(!) who stopped on the ground facing me and stared for a second, then used the bird bath for what it's named.



Then in rapid succession I had a mockingbird, the first I'd seen this year, house finches, the Say's Phoebe and one of our local doves.


They all seem to appreciate the water, whether for drinking or bathing.

Since this is ThrowBack Thursday, I thought I'd include a better photo of a robin in the birdbath.


Same birdbath, same modus operandi, different location, at least a year ago.

And, BTW, the BRD completed another trip around the sun yesterday.

So, happy bird-day girl.

5 comments:

  1. We are supposed to get 5 or 6 days of rain here! Yuck!
    I love Jimmy Buffett - have seen him in concert a few times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you have a bird bath and keep it filled. Birds are often creatures of habit and some will rely upon your water source.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always found it fun to watch birds splash about. We're having a damp day here today, with more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Water has such a value and here we are with happy birds.

    ReplyDelete