Thursday, June 28, 2018

NEW(ish) FOOD TREND

A short time back I read about a new way to make your sandwich better.

Whether it's a good or a not so good sandwich, this little trick will improve it.

So the article stated.

I was dubious.

But what the heck, I said, it's worth a try to this old traditionalist.

So I tried it.

What's the gimmick, you ask?


Topping off your sandwich with some potato chips!

Not on the side.

Right under that top layer of bread, which can then be scrunched down to break up the chips.

It adds just the right touch of crunch to make you say, "Hey, that's not bad!"

I have become a devotee and when potato chips aren't available I've used crackers, once even a layer of Saltines!

They all work.

Just don't ask SWMBO.

She's still a traditionalist and believes chips belong on the side.

16 comments:

  1. This sounds like a '50's sort of food. Was it tuna fish with chips sandwiches? I rarely buy chips, but Happy Hour is at my house, so I got Wholly Guacamole and Costco's new jalapeno and lime tortilla chips. We shall see . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a kid, after a morning of avoiding raptors and other dinosaurs, I re energized myself with a peanut butter, jelly and potato chip sandwich. There's a couple place around here where the fries come on your burger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fried crispy onion or jalapeno circles are great on burgers,too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made egg salad once & forgot to add salt. That was the beginning of my lifelong love of chips on a sandwich - especially tuna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll just admit it- I'm totally indifferent to potato chips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to say that I don't eat sandwiches or chips. No bread for me anymore except once in a blue moon. And, don't bring a bag of chips in the house or I will eat them all in one sitting. No lie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting. I shall try it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adding french fries works as well...heck, potato chips and french fries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen people add chips, but I've never tried it. I might give it a whirl, the next time I make a sandwich. Both my boys liked dipping fries in a milkshake. I'm never trying that one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chips are a main food group so I will have to try this! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll try this. It sounds like it would work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd bet it does wonders for your waistline!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to do that when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just watched a re-run of The Middle where the mom asked her mom to make her a grilled cheese sandwich on Mother's Day with the chips in the middle 'just like when I was a little girl." LOL Nah, I'd prefer my chips outside. And/but yes, I've been known to use Wheat Thins instead of chips, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’ve accidentally gotten a chip in a sandwich, can’t say I cared for it. Anything crunchy in between bread seems off. But then, I rarely eat sandwiches anymore anyway..

    ReplyDelete