Wednesday, July 25, 2018

THE GUEST BLOGGER PONTIFICATES!

I don't know if you pay any attention to the amazingly clever titles I put on these posts but if you read this one you'd see that we have a guest blogger.

She is, in fact, SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed), the slightly amused wife of yours truly.

So, Judy, take it away.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

While cleaning the grill for our last BBQ meal our wire-brush grill cleaner bit the dust.

I commented, "We need a new grill brush before next time.  I want to choose it."

So Bruce went to Walmart for some items today.

He came home with a monster tool that weighs about 2 pounds, has loops and teeth on one side and wire brush bristles on the other.

It looks like a weapon of war.





As I was examining and hefting this "tool", I noticed the pièce de résistance.

Protruding from the handle is A BEER BOTTLE OPENER!

Also known in some circles as a CHURCH KEY!


This tool was manufactured in China, of course.

It WAS from Walmart.


Do you realize that if the big tariffs take place against China, we may not be able to afford essential tools like this?

11 comments:


  1. Since I've only shopped at WalMart once in my life, I can't comment, but when they go down what will happen to all the "greeter" jobs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a tariff on church keys? Oh no! Wait, aren't they obsolete these days except for imported beer and there must be a tariff on beer so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be the Cadillac of grill brushes! I hope Hick never sees one, or he'll need to have it. Hick's the one who'd call it a Cadillac, from back when that was THE car to impress people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is an excellent post. You need to invite her back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are wise to get a new wire brush as people are dying from swallowing loose wire from BBQ brushes. It is a big problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the upgraded version of ours. What a great idea to be able to open your beer while you are grilling. Remember the Chinese just make this stuff cheap. I doubt they came up with the idea! I have never heard a beer bottle opener referred to as a church key. Have seen them on belt buckles in the wild west. Judy, you could take a blog day a week for Bruce to rest. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phil is correct. Might be the real solution to the proliferation of plastics, unintended consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that does look like a weapon lol,, very handy dandy for sure and yes I ws thinking the very same thing,, I was noticing the other day while looking for a BBQ basting brush that they all were made in China,,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I think we should just attach church keys to every kitchen tool. Why not?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do believe that the one who bought it should be the one who is obligated to use it!! And, not just the "church key" end, either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It reminds me of an ice scraper up here.

    ReplyDelete