Wednesday, September 5, 2018

MY NEIGHBOR

You may have read posts here about my neighbor, the Fire Captain, the Gardener, etc.

But here's the real Star of the Show.


His name is Matty (or Mattie).

When I first met him, on the first day we were here, I called him Slim Shady.

But later after I met his owner, the aforementioned Fire Captain/Gardener . . . I thought he said his (her) name was Maddy (Maddie).

He said that was his/her original name but when they discovered she was a he they changed the name to Matty (Mattie).

(It has now become obvious that I don't know how his name is spelled.)

He's about the friendliest neighbor we've ever had.

Whenever I open the garage door he appears from under the trees and shrubbery in the front yard or comes running from across the street.

He darted into the house one day as I opened the door but I chased him back out quickly.

I've been told his friendliness is because the previous tenant here used to feed him canned cat food.

Captain Doug told me that was not necessary because in spite of his slender shape he is well-fed at home.

But he still comes by on a near daily basis for his pets and pats and we love him as if he were our own.

12 comments:

  1. Matty looks very much like Hillary, a neighborhood cat who visits us and others nearby often. Dr. Chuck named her "Hillary" because she is well-travelled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is one fine looking cat, I must say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT's a cat! I had one like it when I was young. We called it a tiger cat. I have no idea what I named it. My mother didn't want any pets so one day that cat was gone. I had a pug puppy once too also missing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is a strong looking cat! In his prime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cat looks so sturdy that he could almost be a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why don't you roast a nice plump chicken for Matty? Or perhaps grill a juicy rump steak. Maybe he would prefer some fresh salmon or tuna. Go on Mr C! Spoil him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cats quickly learn who their friends are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this kind of neighbor,

    ReplyDelete