Wednesday, October 10, 2018

CONFUSION

Years ago, when SWMBO and I lived in Mexico, I had a little problem.

I would forget what day it was.

I think it happens to people in retirement and since we were enjoying a little early retirement maybe that's what caused it.

The odd thing about it was that I would always ask Judy what day it was and she always answered the same thing: "It's Thursday!"

Now I have no idea why I had a problem with Thursdays but that was always the day I'd forget.

Tell me, Gentle Readers, I know we all have problems with our memory as we get older but do you have some weird recurrent memory problems that are always the same?

I'd really like to know.


10 comments:

  1. Statutory holidays always have a way of knocking my inner calendar off balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have to think or look at the calendar to be sure of the day of the week. The one that worries me is “did I remember to feed the dog”. She has gotten dinner more than once, I’m sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure SWMBO wasn't answering "Thirsty Thursday" everytime you asked?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far I don;t have that problem...well sometimes I go back and double check that I flushed the toilet. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Maunday, Tuesday, Thursday....'
    The Godfather

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep track of the days according to what's on TV that night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did I or did I not take bp pill and vitamins? I developed a calendar system. Then I wonder, did I fill in the calendar or not?

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Kitchen-heimers" as in why am I standing in the pantry door?

    ReplyDelete
  9. |I tend to forget holidays since I do not work and get the day off.



    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dates and names have never stuck in my head. The reason I had a digital watch so long, had the time and date.

    Other than that... sorry, what was the question?

    ReplyDelete