Sunday, November 18, 2018

ROOKIE LUCK

Being the continuing adventures of Catalyst and his amazing mixing machine.

My first attempt at dinner rolls turned out fairly well yesterday.



One of the best things about baking bread is the wonderful aroma that fills the house.


They do rather resemble potatoes in this photo.

I am reminded of one of my favorite cookbook authors, Mark Bittman, formerly of the New York Times.

He has written that he is a lazy cook and that's why he likes baking.

Because so much of the time is hands off and just sitting and waiting.

11 comments:

  1. Those rolls do look yummy. I'm a big fan of Mark Bittman as well. He's inspiring. I used to bake bread all the time, but a few summers in the Sierra foothills made it much too warm to turn the oven on. Then I got lazy. End of story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to bake break all the time, too. By hand. No mixer. I was young and filled with enthusiasm and energy. Funny how with age and a 50 hour work week that all fades into history . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dinner rolls look perfect! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can almost smell them from here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love reading your Blog, you're living the life! You've made me smile more than a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But before the sitting and waiting isn't there a lot of frantic mixing and measuring and kneading?! Those rolls DO look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve, that's what the lovely stand mixer does for me. Well not the measuring but the mixing and most of the kneading. I just stand by and watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look wonderful. I can almost smell them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew I smelled bread baking lol, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I can see the turkey resemblance.

    ReplyDelete