Saturday, November 17, 2018

COFFEE CAKE

Continuing now on the Further Adventures of Catalyst and his new stand mixer.

I made a Sour-Cream Coffee Cake.



Yeah, I know it looks good.

And it was actually in spite of strange results.

The walnut topping that I spread on the top fell to the bottom and the resulting cake was pretty crumbly.


Both SWMBO and I agreed that it was delicious.

But we decided that it was too sweet for our aging (ageing, Europeans) bodies and I won't make it again.

Now, on to dinner rolls for Thanksgiving.

8 comments:

  1. Maybe you could have flipped it out on a plate, for a Sour Cream Coffee Upside-Down Cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of that but didn't want to risk it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in your future Adventures in Kitchenland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's kind of like an upside-down cake. You should say you planned it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it looks really really good! I have to say that I'm finally reaching the stage of life where I understand the concept of "too sweet" - but it's taking a while for the habits of many years to catch up. I often don't realize that I didn't really enjoy that rich dessert until after I've eaten it. Oops!

    ReplyDelete