Wednesday, June 26, 2019

COMMENTS

Oh, for crying out loud.

I discovered a bunch of comments that never got published on my blog.

And I found a place where I could order them published.

But then I found a place where I could delete spam comments.

And then I found a place where I could delete published comments and there were at least a thousand.

So I figured I'd clean up the system a bit.

But after I had deleted them (from the bank, so to speak) I discovered I'd also deleted them from the blog posts themselves.

I am such a technological idiot!

Okay, so now that I know what NOT to do, I'm going to try to keep a closer watch on my blog comments, publish those that have gotten flagged for whatever incorrect reason and eliminate the spam.

I'm sorry, folks.

I'm only 79 years and two months old and I'm still learning.

Gadfrey!

11 comments:

  1. If it ain't broke, I NEVER try to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gets confusing especially if you have comment moderation enabled. Looks like you got a good system going forward though!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered where all mine went!

    No, that's a lie, I never go back and check. Good luck with the spammage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 79 and 6 months old and plan to keep learning forever. This fellow is a lot younger than we are and is still learning (hopefully!)

    (Ignore the ad that comes first and wait for the end of the clip.)

    https://youtu.be/4i_GFrlaStQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it does get a bit complicated. I still can't figure out why I can't comment on some sites when I'm using the Safari browser that comes on my Mac. I had to download Google Chrome so that I can comment on all sites. It's probably some kind of conspiracy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I disabled mine while we were on vacation. then I had to learn all over again how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went on a vacation in May, so I turned off the comment section. Fortunately, I remember to activate it!

    Tech...gotta love it, hate it.

    ReplyDelete