Wednesday, October 16, 2019

SOCKS


Feeling a bit cocky now that she's finally finished her novel and is about to start on the publishing journey, SWMBO asked for permission to do a guest blog today.

So, without further ado, h-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-r-e-s Judy:


SOCKS

As the weather cools down and my sandals are less desirable I've started pulling socks out of the closet.

They are mostly black so they kind of all look alike --- except when they don't.

I'm trying to figure out what mental defective did the pairing of these various "pairs" last Spring when they were put away for cooler times.

It can't have been me.  I would have never paired a short one with a long one, a fat one with a thin one, etc.

But as I pull pair after pair out each morning I curse the idiot who made such a mess of things.

There are only two people in this house.

And my husband doesn't do socks!

14 comments:

  1. Macho men don't do socks. This reminds of the three great mysteries of life: disappearing socks in the dryer; disappearing Tupperware lids; and disappearing loaf of bread ties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I have a lot of black socks that I bought all together in the same place and I'm often shocked when I put two of them on and find they don't quite match in some way. (Usually one is slightly longer than the other.) I think this has to do with quality control on the manufacturing end, but maybe I'm just looking for a scapegoat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear...I bet I have this dilemma to look forward to when the socks come out down here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, now I know why I buy all the same kind and color socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same problem with my black socks, and I'm pretty sure nobody from your house has been near them. Even as I try to sort them out of the dryer, I end up with a short/long pair as the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am similarly sock challenged - mostly all black. But the issue with mine is they're almost all the same length. I need some sort of high powered lighting to figure out which ones go with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah ha! You solved your own mystery.
    I understand consternation about socks. I've taken to lettering my tennis socks-they all look the same, but they are not! Now when they come out of the laundry they can be paired with their mate of the proper fit, age and wear.
    Make more guest appearances here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same idiot in my house, and it is not my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't tell your wife, but I see why she is SWMBO...very pretty, but scary in a sexy librarian kind of way!

    Love that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems to be a universal problem!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope the link to the sight helps, I did pay for the covers from an individual.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  12. I solved my sock problem. Just took either socks that I hated or socks that are single. Put them in a bag and go to GoodWill.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've become a convert to Bombas socks, very supportive and comfy, and they mix&match nicely. Also, they donate socks to the homeless.

    ReplyDelete