Monday, November 25, 2019

ZANINESS

What strange paths the sleeping mind travels.

I woke this morning, thinking of this.




Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies comprise over a thousand short theatrical films that introduced characters like Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Porky Pig and Daffy Duck.

They were a mainstay of my childhood many, many, many years ago.

Who knows why they came into my mind this morning but there they were.

On another front, I heard a strange whirring sound coming from above the other day.


It grew louder as I listened with some trepidation.


Then I saw it!

A drone!

Right above me!

How did it get into my house?


But then I realized - it was only the ceiling fan in my den.

Now to get back to reality and the puzzle of where the BRD and her Beau Jack are spending Thanksgiving Week.

It's not Florida.

It's not Hawaii.

It's tacos for their Thanksgiving Dinner.

They're spending time in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Some folks have all the fun.

5 comments:

  1. Didn't realize how ingrained those tunes were in my head! What fun music that must have been to play!

    I have a friend in her 90's that was filling her birdbath and a realtor's drone flew over her property so she shot it down with the water from the hose!
    They were listing the house next door and the realtor drone trespassed on my friend's property. Can't imagine what the drone camera had on film of her shooting it down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wake up several times a night, with the same song playing in my head. Different songs on different nights. The dreams change throughout the night, but a song stays the same. I never sleep-heard THOSE two songs, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You having me laughing out loud this morning. I woke up from a strange dream myself this morning but fortunately neither music nor cartoons were involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also can't hear a lot of classical music, Barber of Seville for example, without seeing Bugs Bunny et al.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bugs and company have gotten into the heads of multiple generations.

    I'll admit, I always wanted Sylvester to finally get that damned Tweety Bird.

    ReplyDelete