Tuesday, December 3, 2019

CATALYST, SWMBO, AND CATS

When I chose my avatar for this blog I was not thinking of cats.

I, in fact, chose "Catalyst" as a name for someone who stirs things up; who cultivates thought; who causes events to occur, as it were.

But, as has often been pointed out in these musings since Oddball was brought back to life in March of 2008, cats play a large part in the lives of both SWMBO and myself.

So, how did that all begin?

With the two who traveled with us to Arizona from Indianapolis in 1972.

They were named Primo and Pax.

Regrettably I have no photos of them.

But as proof of our affection for the felines and of they for us, I offer this favorite photo of Judy on a Christmas visit back to Mexico a year after we had ended our residence there.



That animal wasn't even one of ours, it was a pet of our friends.

Still it gravitated to Judy within minutes of our arrival.

We believe his name was Bustipher.

And then there's me and a couple sharing my cocktail hour many years ago.


That's Jazz, on the left, and Muggles, on the right.

So yes, we do love cats and even though we have decided not to live with one in these days of our senescense, we're still buying kitty treats and welcoming the neighbors' cat Matty in for a snack, some catnip, and a snooze.


And you can still call me "Cat".

10 comments:

  1. You all look so comfy. Cats will settle in on a lap and expect attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never connected the name to cats. I was going with the definition of something that affects other things! Works both ways though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great "archive" photos. And of course we remember Primo and Pax.
    And I must tell your readers you were a cool cat, long before Catalyst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog has gone to the cats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just don't trust my ability to type catalyst reliably, so I just shortened it to cat, and trusted you would be ok with that.

    Men who love cats are much more intelligent and tolerant and gentle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all looks so content! I've had a few cats in my life and every one of them had a different personality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grew up with dogs, but when I moved into my own apartment in college I adopted a cat, and quickly discovered the joys of felines. I had two more cats over the years, before moving back to dogs after I met Dave. I think the idea that you're either a cat person OR a dog person is a myth -- you can be both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never associated you name with cats, but I enjoy your cat posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS We love rain too. And we don't worry about our poor cars out in the weather all the time. They're hearty souls.

    ReplyDelete