Tuesday, June 23, 2020

OLD BLUE

The Back Yard Blue Cat had developed some bumps and bruises over the years.

There was a hole in his hollow plastic back from some scrape or another.

So SWMBO, as she is wont to do, set out to repair him.

She patched the rear with some duct tape, then applied a couple of coats of sealer to the entire creature.

After that came two coats of blue paint.

Finally he was ready to resume his patient watchfulness over the bird bath and the area surrounding it.


He appears to be a lighter shade of blue now and I remarked that he might give the artist a start if she looked out upon him in the brightness of a full moon.

But he seems satisfied and comfortable in his rediscovered hautiness.


And several varieties of birds quickly returned to the bath/fountain, comfortable in their knowledge that Old Blue is not a threat but a protector to them.

Life goes on.

13 comments:

  1. She is a busy little bee, the wife, isn't she? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old Blue looks lovely. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty and bluetiful is your newly painted cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea he was plastic. Duct tape, gotta love it. It's not just for keeping people from talking. That Judy is quite the artist. Don't sit still too long or you may get painted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't even tell he was once wounded!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a good repair job! I can't see any sign of duct tape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new lease on life! Lucky Old Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I particularly was amused by this post. You see I cared for my elderly parents until their death. Mom was the driver and they owned a BLUE suburban which I inherited. I drove it for many years and the whole family named it, "OLD BLUE." I hadn't seen or heard that name in years. It was a nice blog post in general but fun for me in a nostalgic way.
    :)

    Tom

    ReplyDelete