Sunday, June 28, 2020

THE STEROID SANDALS

Both SWMBO/Judy and I are somewhat whelmed by the prayers, good vibes and wishes sent as comments on this blog, on Facebook and by email as a result of Judy's account of her recent trip to the Emergency Room of our local hospital.

She was given a test for Covid-19 because of some mild symptoms and she'll get the results tomorrow, we believe.

In the meantime, she's doing very well with the wonder steroid drug Prednisone (only 5 pills for 5 days though, darn it.)

How well?  I'll let you hear it from her own voice.

I've had a pair of favorite sandals in the closet for years.



They long ago lost their right to go out in public due to scuffs and drabness.


But they are so comfortable I couldn't toss them out.

After a recent visit to the ER and a large infusion of steroids those sandals jumped out at me and screamed "Paint us".

So I did.





I'll call them my Steroid Sandals.


But now I can't leave the house because of the Covid Quarantine.


At least I can wear them on the back patio.

14 comments:

  1. Ah, yes. Prednisone. Can't sleep and feel like doing something productive. Good job! And the irony of being all dressed up and nowhere to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you do a pair for Taylor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! How very clever. What kind of paint did SWMBO use ... acrylic?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, super cool job on those sandals! They look great! My dad was given prednisone for asthma many years ago. I remember the name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BootsandBraids - Yes, it was acrylic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jager - She said she's not in the business.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Those are great sandals. I would love a pair just like those. Maybe I'll figure out how to paint some day. I had no idea steroids could be such a stimulus. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least you get to share them on this blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly made those sandals pop! They don't even look like the same shoe. Put them on, prop up your feet, and enjoy looking at them while relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - those are amazing! I'm ready to ship her all of my boring shoes :)

    ReplyDelete