Friday, August 21, 2020

THE FRIDAY FUNNIES

My calendar informed me that today is the third anniversary of the day my fourth Pacemaker was installed in my chest.

Since it and I are still "ticking" I guess I owe it a happy birthday wish.

The first one went in on Cinco de Mayo (May 5th) of 2007 so I've been living on borrowed time with a mechanically stimulated heartbeat for a little over 13-and-a-third years.

What better time for The Friday Funnies, right?









And with that we bid a fond adieu to another humorous week.

Now Gentle Readers, Cartoon Lovers and Fellow Zanies, let's all have a fabulous effing weekend.

And always remember to keep laughing!

Here, kitty-kitty . . .

Oh, he/she is hiding but he/she left a note . . .


10 comments:

  1. Ah, the blue jean face mask! And you said you weren't doing anymore Covid jokes. This was a winner. Also good for bank robbers . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm conflicted about whether or not to add this year to my age. I mean, I'd like to be younger, but I'm close enough to retirement to maybe not want to hold myself back a year. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I shouldn't count those two years in the 60's when I....oh never mind!
    A good way to celebrate Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the odd person who more than deserves to come back as a litterbox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all for not counting this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the laughs today, have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so funny! Roger said when he looked at the first one, "Now there's a wisecrack!" We laughed and laughed. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to add, Happy Anniversary. I'm glad you're still ticking along!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm tempted to borrow from John Cameron Swayzee--"takes a beating and still keeps ticking," but I won't.
    Loved the frame about watching with rabbit ears. Time and meanings change, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I especially like the first one. It's brilliant. :D

    ReplyDelete