Thursday, September 24, 2020

TBT - Following the News

 Regular followers of Oddball Observations will know that I spent 30-some-years in broadcast journalism, otherwise known as The News Biz.

But you probably don't realize that my wife, here known as SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed), was and is an avid follower of the news.

As proof on this ThrowBack Thursday I present photographic evidence.



In the Black Hills of South Dakota



In Lost Dutchman State Park in Arizona



And at home, during cocktail hour.


"Stop talking to me . . I'm reading!"

8 comments:

  1. I love to read a newspaper - even when I'm holiday I will buy the local paper of wherever I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWMBO in the last picture must be reading the latest from the Whitehouse. Was she muttering to herself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those what they used to call “news papers”???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love to keep up with the news. These days it's just bumming me out every time I see a headline. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Newspapers are still my preferred way of getting the news. I read two a day, and a third on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's newspapers that taught me how to crossword puzzle in Boston. And I grew up reading comics in the paper. I completely stopped about four years ago. It would be nice to read a paper again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get it! I HATE it when people talk to me while I'm trying to read! LOL

    ReplyDelete