Thursday, September 17, 2020

ThrowBack Thursday - SNOW!

 A few years ago, I was living across town when a little winter storm blew through.


I was retired so the blue birdbath suffered the most, I think.




This was the view in the front of the house.



But to really see some snow you have to accompany me to North Dakota back in 1966, when a record setting three-day blizzard hit the state.

When the storm finally let up, I began to dig my car out of a snow drift that formed around and over it at the side of my house.


You can see my ham radio operator call sign license plate.

The Chevy Impala was all-white so if I hadn't known where I parked it I might have searched for it for days!

I just thought you folks in the American Southwest and on the West Coast of America might appreciate this little cool-down post.

8 comments:

  1. Snow is the very best kind of weather one can ask for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not looking forward to the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like quite a snowstorm in 1966. We had a couple of big storms in New Jersey in the 1950-60s. None covered the car like that. Close, but not quite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you believe I've never experienced snow. Closest I've seen is when cars come down from the mountains in winter and there's snow melting off them. But, of course, it's more like ice than snow by the time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was quite a storm! We get snow here, but usually not nearly that much and the sun often comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know those snow drifts from years in Great Lakes state so welcomed Ariz. and now SoCal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you didn't wear out your shovel!

    ReplyDelete