Thursday, October 22, 2020

I RULE

 A big plump robin happened by the other day and decided our bird bath was just what he needed.


He settled in for a nice solitary soak.


But being a robin, basking is not enough.


They like to splash about, throwing water right and left.



This attracted the attention of another frequenter of the spa - a mourning dove.



He (or she) seemed to be thinking/saying, "What are you doing in my bath/drinking fountain?"

The dove fluttered around, trying to scare the robin away but to no avail.

It even fluttered directly over Mr. Robin, flapping wildly.



Did this work, you ask?

Nope. Mr. Robin just seemed to ignore the interloper.

So the dove gave up and went to the kitty pool down below for his drink while that big fat devil continued to monopolize the fountain.



What occupies YOUR minds during the pandemic, eh?

9 comments:

  1. All the usual. Countertops, backsplash, tree trimming, leaf blowing, when can I retire, what kind of RV do I want, train my deaf dog on a vibrating collar so she can go without a leash on the trails, why is it still so hot, hope winter isn't as cold as last year, I should be living in Hawaii or Norway . . . my mind needs a vibrating collar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful series! That is one tough robin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our robins are gone now for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my parents should have named me Dove. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like robins and am not too fond of mourning doves, like the noisy one who coos outside my window at the crack of dawn. So...I'm on Team Robin. I too have become much more observant of small things during the pandemic, which I think is a positive. One of the few.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit, I'm enjoying not having to go out. That is some robin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why can't birds just get along like people do...wait...never mind.

    ReplyDelete