Tuesday, October 20, 2020

STYLE

 I did a load of laundry the other day which included my favorite pair of blue jeans.

When I pulled them out of the dryer I found for the first time the ravages of them having been worn every day for weeks.


Two spots on one leg very near to each other and very near to wearing completely through the denim!

I showed them to SWMBO sadly, bemoaning the loss and opining that I'd soon have to have a new pair and agonizing over breaking them in.

So did she put her arm around my shoulders and coo "there, there" to me?

Au contraire!

Instead she said, "A little more wear and you'll be able to ask $150 for those on eBay!"

Holy smokes, what a concept!

I checked around.


She may be right!

And that's why I call her She Who Must Be Obeyed.

12 comments:

  1. I have a pair of Khakis SWMBO II has tossed out twice. I, of course, rescued them from the recycle bin along with a 40-year-old sweatshirt. I'll have to research their value. She does let me wear my worn jeans as long as I don't leave the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to say that those are just getting fashionable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ripped up and holey jeans are VERY in style. (and have been for years, inexplicably) I hate getting rid of any clothes because I despise shopping. Except in bookstores or plant nurseries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not understand the appeal of ripped jeans and of buying jeans that are already ripped. Like you I would have been very disappointed to see the rips in new jeans, after washing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like these young whippersnappers don't want to put effort into anything! Not even breaking in their own jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, it's ridiculous. When Andy's pants started getting rips he said, "For the first time in my life I'm fashionable."

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is an awful fashion...I see no point in buying things that are worn out.
    Plus you try and buy jeans that are 100% cotton...it is all "stretch"...they wear out quicker and the stretch doesn't bio degrade. Just get ones that fit!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, definitely a fashion statement. It blows my mind that people actually buy clothes torn up. But it does remind me that I used to patch my torn-up jeans with the coolest colors and designs. Now that was my fashion statement! I say it's time for a beautiful patch on those jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a few that have gone that way but I only wear them around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got a couple of pair of everyday jeans-not to be confused with going out of the house jeans-and they've grown holes as well. Trouble is they make your legs chilly on damp or cool days and they are a challenge to pull on without your toes aiming directly for them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The torn jeans trend comes and goes down through the years.

    ReplyDelete