Thursday, December 10, 2020

A RAINY MORNING

 How about that?

When I went out early this morning to take the garbage dumpster to the street, I saw dark skies and a few raindrops on my driveway.

A bit later, as I sat by the window next to my computer, I saw a slightly more intense rain falling for a couple of hours.

Here's the proof.


SWMBO says when a puddle forms in our back yard that means we've had some mentionable rain.

You may note that I mention the rain nearly every time we get more than a few drops.

We live in Arizona!

Rain is rare here.

We only get a few inches of it in an average year.

So humor me.

It's a rainy day.

I said it and I'm stickin' with it.

13 comments:

  1. Hip, Hip, Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain that makes a puddle is a decent amount and worthy of mention. Measurable precip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send sone of that rain over here to the California central coast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're expecting a whole week of rain here. I like the puddle you got there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo.... that usually means we'll get rain soon as well!

    You are my favorite harbinger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up on the prairies of Montana, where rain was a special. As kids, we'd go out and dance in it and sing rain songs. We moved from there to Seattle and I was able to transfer my excitement about rain to the constant winter drizzle in Seattle. Fifty years later I still love the rain here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, I grew up on the prairies of northwestern North Dakota!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rain is to be celebrated! We had a bit today, then some snow. Not enough yet to be a nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been waiting a long time. Anticipating. Whether by design or happy accident, you were prepared to catch that rain in a puddle! The tools of the capture are right there in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a great change of pace. It was rainy and grey all day yesterday. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete