Tuesday, December 8, 2020

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE . . .

 Judy (aka SWMBO) and I don't really celebrate holidays any more.

We're OLD!

And it's only the two of us.

After laboring in the kitchen for two days for about a 15 minute dining experience on Thanksgiving this year, she said "That's it! Never again."

Although I have been making my appearance at the kitchen stove more lately, I couldn't help but agree.

And Christmas has only been something to get out of the way as quickly and easily as possible for years now.

So I was a tad surprised when she decided to do her holiday decorating last night.

Granted, it's not much.

But it's us.


It's how book people decorate.

I mean what's more Christmassy than plastic crystal strings hung over the bookcases, right?



Okay, okay, that's not all.

I mean we do have a tree, after all.



Several of them in fact.



And Santas and toys and snow.

So you celebrate Christmas your way and we'll celebrate it ours.

Now where's that bowl of wassail anyway?


Merry Christmas to all and . . well, you know the rest.

13 comments:

  1. Hey those red bikes are pretty snazzy and I like your comment "that's how book people decorate." Ha ha, I am a book person. I do enjoy our Christmas tree and nativity sets, etc. but for me, the focus is the birth of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done less than that since there's only one of me. I do have some festive towels, and holiday soaps out. I love Mary Cassatt! John and I saw some of her paintings at an impressionist exhibition last year. (back when we could go to museums)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way more than we do. Without little ones it is more chore than fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have more decorations than we do...we liberated ourselves years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a Christmas tree. It's still up from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice bikes! And a flashy header 😎
    We just have any cards that arrive up on the wall, a Black Bun baked ready for Hogmanay, and a Dundee cake that is being "fed" with alcohol and will be marzipanned and iced.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot more decorating than we've done! All I did was put a single strand of lights on our avocado tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lot more decorations out than I do. I finally put up a few things last Sunday. I haven't really decorated that much in several years now and this year it seems extra hard to get in the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas sounds like ours. .Last year a lot of baking was done but nothing this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are lovely decorations. I've never really celebrated Christmas (or Hanukkah for that matter), but I do enjoy seeing all the lights and love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm having a hard time getting into it this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, do we really want to get out all of the XMas stuff again? Maybe some of it at least. Unpack it, put it out, take it down, pack it back up and put it back on the garage shelves for another year. Really?

    ReplyDelete