Saturday, January 9, 2021

O.K. I'M BACK

 Other than re-living the events of Wednesday, I'm feeling much better.

Refreshed.

And just as an apology for the absence of The Friday Funnies this week here's some Goofy advice.


As for my day it's been busy.

We put a big foam mattress topper on my bed this morning after rotating the mattress, then re-made it with fresh linen.

The old ones were sent to the washing machine along with a ton of clothing from my hamper.

That's all done now.

In the meantime, I made a loaf of whole wheat bread studded with Craisins.

SWMBO pronounced it quite tasty.

Vacuumed the floor where white stuff from the old mattress cover had shed.

Watched the first episode of a Fran Lebowitz Netflix series about New York City after a recommendation from a friend.

He pronounced it hilarious.

I found it "mildly amusing".

Watched Jacques Pepin's cooking show.

Better.

And read a bit of Molly Ball's great biography "Pelosi".

She may get a Pulitzer, in my opinion.

Oh, great news from the BRD.

She has friends who had a painting outside on their deck for so many years it had virtually faded to oblivion.

They asked her if she could restore it.

She could and she did.


Compliments all around.

I enjoy this family with so many talented people.

And that's been my day.

So far.

12 comments:

  1. Glad you are back.
    I'll have to add your link to my side bar of Rich Blogs
    Cheers.
    And BTW, Lana and I were laughing as hard at some of Fran's snark as was Martin Scorsese who interviewed her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWBO II had me on the move most of the day, plenty of critiques, too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Glad all is well there, Catalyst. Sounds like you got a lot done, and now can get back to blogging. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're back and are all right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, glad you're back! And baking bread too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What joy to have you back. It is a Second Coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And breathe!! Welcome back x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back,

    It's great to see you again. But you only got a week off? You deserve more and you have my permission to do that whenever you wish. Just yesterday my brother commented that your blog was gone. He'll be excited when I give him the news.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your day sounds a whole lot busier than mine was. I did go for a long walk though. That was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see you back! I have a pillow top bed that I rotate every couple of months. It's quite a job. I'm trying to stay away from the news right now. My anxiety is over the top.

    ReplyDelete