Saturday, April 3, 2021

SAAAAT - URRRRR - DAY

 Carol the Comic just missed yesterday's deadline with this one so I told her I'd use it today.




The Weather Gods say it's supposed to be 80 degrees here today and Phoenix, down the hill, may reach 100 on Easter Sunday.

Better find all those eggs or they'll be a mess.

I was chatting with SWMBO as we sat out on the patio yesterday evening about what kind of plants she wanted to buy for our herb garden.

She said she had a list but it would be another month before she'd buy them.

She said there's always a break in the early Spring when the temperature drops way down and there may even be a late snowfall.

Her Gardening Goddess said the stores know this and that's why they always offer seedlings early, because they know people are in a hurry to plant and they get suckered.

Ergo, the stores get to sell them their seedlings TWICE!

Well, since I have learned not to bet against SWMBO . . .




 . . . I just shut my mouth and listened. 

We will wait until May.

But today is already a beautiful day.




It looks like it will be a lovely weekend here in Arizona.

7 comments:

  1. That's a perfect temperature, but I'll stay away from Phoenix. I'm not sure what or if I'm going to plant this year. (except for my annual flowers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that very wise advice about women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are to have 14˚C and sunny tomorrow which should be perfect for the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my green thumb hubby is also from cold country, PA is his home place, and he always says they never planted anything until after Memorial Day just to be safe... here in Florida we can plant any time we want to. I don't plant or cooke with herbs so no matter to me. Love the cammo egg..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snowed here today. Had an inch on the car when I went home about 2PM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "First of all" is a Defcon One scenario from where there is no return.

    ReplyDelete