Tuesday, June 15, 2021

100+

 The heat is on.


As I'm typing this the Weather Gods are telling me it is 104 degrees F. outside my air conditioned home.

I remember moving to Phoenix back in July of 1972 and learning that the word used for air conditioning there was "refrigeration".

It's 113 down there right now, aiming for 116 later today.

120 degree days are predicted to be coming soon.

And, as SWMBO says, "it's only June!"

When I lived survived down there this is what a dream was like.




Show me water!

Get me to an ocean beach!

I learned yesterday of a Colorado-based friend who is on a houseboat trip on Lake Powell up near the Arizona-Utah border where the temperatures daily have been in the low hundreds.

Judy's son allegedly is heading this way from Indiana for a visit right now.

I keep thinking of that Jay Leno question to Hugh Grant after the actor got caught in a compromising situation: "What the hell were you thinking?"

When the evening cocktail hour on the patio arrives, after the temperature has cooled to the slightly more acceptable 90's, the dreams are perhaps a bit more surreal than those ancient Phoenix musings.


Those Weather Gods tell me we're under an Excessive Heat Warning for the rest of the week.

That's a gentle way of putting it.

I say, "It's Arizona. It's damned hot!"

No comments:

Post a Comment